thesmartshoppersaves@hotmail.com

  • For general questions or to schedule a class email me today!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

What's In Your Pantry?

I thought it might be fun to share recipes that use products I (and a lot of you) have in my pantry after shopping the sales and stocking up. A few months ago I signed up for the Betty Crocker email newsletter and pretty soon I started getting emails from them full of great recipes using many of the products I had purchased at various sales. Recently, I went back to their website and found that you can search for recipes by products. (click HERE to see) So fun! I found a great recipe using their chocolate chip cookie mix.
Here's what I made:
These are the Luscious Layer Bars. Click HERE for recipe.
The ingredients I used from my pantry:
1 pkg Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix $0.75 - Albertsons current sale
1 cup Nestle Butterscotch Morsels (bag)$1.25 - Vons sale 11/10/08
1 cup Hershey's Milk Chocolate Chips (bag)$0.70 - Albertsons sale 10/08
1 Egg -$0.99 (dozen) - Smiths sale 12/08/08
1 can sweetened condensed milk $1.05 - Smiths sale 11/09/08
1 cup flaked coconut (bag) $? - unknown sale - already had in pantry
(I didn't use walnuts)
Not only did I use things I had on hand, I was able to make a delicious treat for around $3.25. How great is that during Holiday Baking time?

2 comments:

Sarah Kay said...

I love the Beety Crocker website too to find out what other recipes I can use for the cheap cookie mixes I always seem to be picking up. Yum! I will have to try this recipe!

Stacie said...

Thank so much! Yes I'm addicted to those quick, easy, and inexpensive recipes from Betty Crocker. I seem to have a pantry full of those mixes too... P.S. You have an awesome blog. It rocks!