thesmartshoppersaves@hotmail.com

  • For general questions or to schedule a class email me today!

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Coupons Everywhere!

When I teach a Grocery Smarts class I tell everyone that the bulk of our coupons come in the Sunday paper, but that there are coupons everywhere. So in addition to your SmartSources and various (General Mills, Campbell's) inserts in the paper you may get Red Plums or Proctor & Gambles in your junk mail. On the Grocery Smart website there are links to printable coupons and links to different companies that have coupons available as well. But it doesn't stop there. Once your conscious of coupons you will notice them all over the place. I was at the front desk of the local Rec Center signing my daughter up for Romper Room and there was a stack of $1.50 off coupons for Clorox cleaning products. The receptionist told me to take as many as I wanted. WHHAAAA? Are you kidding me? In keeping with RULE #2 of my class (have enough coupons for each member of your family...) I took 4 then grabbed another one because I could and I use those products all the time. You can buy All You magazine at Wal-Mart and it's filled with great coupons. I like to give these to my hostesses as gifts. Here's what it looks like:
The little booklet on the right was near a display of baking items at Albertsons. They sometimes have booklets like these around the store. I always pick 'em up to check for coupons or good recipes and take 4 whenever possible. So keep your eyes open for coupons when you're flipping through magazines or see the blinking lights on the grocery isle. Just remember that they won't be listed on the Grocery Smarts website so you will have to keep track of them.

No comments: