thesmartshoppersaves@hotmail.com

  • For general questions or to schedule a class email me today!

Friday, February 6, 2009

Smiths

So I ran to Smiths last night and they were out of many 4 & 5 star items on the Grocery Smarts list. I'm happy you guys are out there saving money but...I didn't get everything I had planned on. It's a good lesson for all of us to be prepared to adjust our shopping lists when we get to a store and they are out of the sale items. The main thing is DON'T get frustrated. Many times during sales stores sell out of sale items but will re-stock them during the course of the sale week. DO go back to the store if you are able or check with the manager to see if they will be getting more items in stock. ALWAYS ask for a rain check. I have never - ever had a hassle getting a rain check. Then, I can get that same item for that same price within a week or two when the store has plenty in stock. Here's how my trip went:
I bought these 31 items for $22.00! ($0.70 each!) The total value was $59.05. I saved $37.05. By using my digital coupons & manf coupons I was able to get the Gillette shampoo & Crest toothpaste for FREE!! It was still a good trip even though I didn't buy all of the items I had intended to...but I DID get rain checks!

No comments: