thesmartshoppersaves@hotmail.com

  • For general questions or to schedule a class email me today!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Junk Mail

My sister gets a junk mail "packet" (all the sale ads, restaurant coupons, etc.) in a Red Plum sleeve but doesn't get the Red Plum or P&G inserts with it. She has tried like crazy to get on that list. A couple of weeks ago I was at the post office buying stamps. I saw people getting mail from their post office boxes and each one had a junk mail packet in it. It got me thinking...what if we go directly to the post office ask about the junk mail. The next day I went back to the post office with my friend Suzanne. Each of us went in separately and asked if they had any extra junk mail packets. The lady I spoke to went and checked then brought me one. The man that Suzanne talked to wanted to know her address. He knew which postal worker had that route, told her she was scheduled to receive one and that she should check her mail when she got home. It was a good lesson for us...if you DON'T get Red Plum & P&G inserts I would definitely go directly to the post office and ask if they have an extra one or at least give them your address and say that you would like to get them. Maybe if there is enough requests for them someone will get the hint and make sure we ALL get the inserts in our junk mail. If I had my way, I would prefer to get all the inserts in my Sunday paper. That way I'd have 4 of each!!

No comments: