thesmartshoppersaves@hotmail.com

  • For general questions or to schedule a class email me today!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Here's What I'm Looking At

Just thought I'd show you what I'm looking at in this week's grocery sale ads.
ALBERTSONS
There are a few items in the spend $20 get $5 off at checkout promo on the back of the ad that I need and have coupons for. (the new Banana Nut Cheerios & Cinnamon Chex cereals) The free 2 liter bottle of Cherry 7-up (reg or diet) offer on Jan 24th is one to check out for sure.
SMITHS
I'm overly excited about the buy 10 items get $5 instant savings @ checkout because of all the great products you can mix & match. My favorite item is the Green Giant Steamers. They are soooo good, low fat, and did I mention very INEXPENSIVE. I love eating them with steamed white rice. I will totally be stocking up on Goldfish for $0.99. Can't beat that! Also a good time to buy a block of Velveeta cheese to mix up with a can of chili for an awesome queso dip. (um, hello...Super Bowl Sunday coming up) Check out the great deal on Nature's Own Bread too. Grocery Smarts has both of these lists on the website and what coupons you need to get the rock-bottom prices.
FOOD 4 LESS
One store that we don't have a list for but I was excited about. I went there today to check out the Buy 7 and save $3 at checkout promo. Just a word to the wise...you must separate the transactions by 7 items each to earn the $3 off. Here's how I did:

The Aunt Jemima syrup, pancake mix, cereal, Quaker Oats, oatmeal & granola bars were all part of the buy 7 promo. The Top Ramen is a kid favorite around our house and they are $1.50 for a 12 pack. Chicken Noodle soup is $0.58 each, Rice-a-Roni is $1 each. I had coupons for everything except the Top Ramen. So I spent $24.43 for these 27 items. That averages out to $0.90 each! Not too bad. All of these sales started today and end on Tues so you have plenty of time to get out there and be a smart shopper!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you use coupons at Food 4 Less?

Stacie said...

Yes you can & yes I did!!!