thesmartshoppersaves@hotmail.com

  • For general questions or to schedule a class email me today!

Monday, November 24, 2008

Saving Without Coupons

Using Grocery Smarts can save you money even if you don't have coupons. You'll find that when you start saving your inserts it takes time to get your coupon stash built up and sometimes there are items on sale with no coupons available for them. My shopping trip today was a perfect example. I prepared my shopping list for Smith's with the Grocery Smarts website. There were quite a few 4 or 5 star items on sale for $1.00 that I needed but didn't have coupons for.

  • Total bill: $102.52
  • Fresh Values Savings $51.31
  • Manf. Coupons $7.02
  • Total OOP $44.01
  • That's a total savings of $58.51 or 57%.

I even bought a 16-20 pound turkey and 2lbs ground beef. I also had a $30.00 gift certificate which I used on this transaction so I actually only paid $14.01. This was good savings without many coupons. So while you're busy adding coupons to your collection you can use the Grocery Smarts website and know you're getting a good deal.

No comments: